Instagram – From Zero to AUTHORITY
To begin the Article I want to share some Facts:
- The number of active Instagram users as of April 2017 was counted to be 700 Million (Source – Techcrunch)
- Over 60% of users log in daily, making it the second most engaged network after Facebook.
- 35% of internet users are now on Instagram.
As a Marketer we see it as Potential 500 Million strong Consumer Base.
It is projected that Instagram will become the Biggest Sales Driving Marketing Platform by the end of 2017.
So it is in our Best interests to create a Superior Brand Authority on Instagram starting from Today.
But then still, why some of the Top Marketers are failing to create Good Brand Authority on Instagram?
Why is it that some of the Top Marketers are still confused how to plan their Marketing on Instagram?
Every Platform is different and you have to respect the Platform and it’s Rules to create an Authority on that particular Platform.
Instagram is certainly a Tough Nut to crack and it took time for me too to understand the patterns of Instagram.
But then, I found the way how to do it.
Since then, there was no stopping us from creating almost 20 Big Instagram Brand Pages in different niches.
Here are the screenshots of two such Instagram accounts:
How are we doing such good numbers in our Pages?
Because of the following strategies which we are following:
TIP NO. 1: HAVE A THEME
Really successful Instagram accounts tend to stick to a theme:
- a designer who posts behind-the-scenes peeks into the fashion industry;
- a food artist who does amazing things with rice and string beans;
- a world traveler with a flurry of snapshots from Paris, Portugal and Peru;
Basically just stick to your theme and post only what your Brand Page is made for.
Just like you can see in our Minions and Cooking page,
we never post any image other than its theme.
TIP NO. 2: STICK TO A SCHEDULE
It’s very important that your followers know when to expect a new picture.
If you have planned to post daily, then you should post daily.
Your audience will expect the images from you.
If you update your account once a week or too many at a time then disappear for weeks, it is unlikely that you can build a loyal
Hence, a schedule is a must.
TIP NO. 3: DON’T BE BORING
If people are coming to your account for photos of minions, you probably don’t want to throw in a picture of your travel experience.
But giving the people what they want doesn’t have to mean posting the same photos of sunsets and cityscapes over and over and over. Just try how you can curate or find good mixed content that is really engaging but sticking to your theme at the same time.
“The worst thing for me is to look at my own feed and be bored,” said Ketron.
TIP NO. 4: USE RELEVANT HASHTAGS…
Hashtags are seen as the ultimate way to get more eyeballs on your post.
Hashtags will give you Free Targeted reach.
However people somehow try to misuse the Hashtags and use unnecessary Hashtags in their post because certain hashtags will give you more Likes and Followers, but that Follower base is actually Bot traffic and it won’t really help to have them in your account as your followers.
Keep your Hashtags relevant to your account.
TIP NO. 5: INTERACT WITH YOUR AUDIENCE
Interacting and Engaging with your Audience will keep your Audience fresh.
Try to respond to the comments of your Page’s Followers.
“I’m intentional about responding [to commenters], even though I’m not able to respond to everybody,”
They should realize that you appreciate them.
And randomly in case you are following some people then Like their Pics or randomly post a Comment on their Pic.
TIP NO. 6: TAKE A GOOD PHOTO
There’s a reason professional photographers tend to have such sizeable Instagram followings.
They know what makes a good photo.
“I shoot [a mobile photo] as carefully as I would a DSLR shot,” anonymous said.
TIP NO. 7: EDIT YOUR IMAGES
You should also invest in a good photo editing app, instead of just using Instagram filters.
You can try it yourself. Post any picture without editing or filters and then repost it again in a week with some good editing. You will see a Sizeable difference. (However why to do such test when you can do editing at the first place )
TIP NO. 8: GET FEATURED
No good Instagram account exists in a vacuum. Most accounts that see a surge in followers have been featured in one of places: the app’s blog, its Explore page, or, if they’re very lucky, its suggested user list, which shows up under “Find People to Follow” in Instagram’s settings.
These 3 places are hard to reach but seriously if you can post some seriously good amount of engaging content continuously then even Instagram would promote you.
(Even they are looking for Good Case Studies every time)
However there is a Fourth place also where you can get featured and that is in the Hashtags search so we have already discussed that so that will help.
However we have now cracked the technique of going viral and hitting the Explore page every single time. We are doing a special training for it plus giving you complementary access to our Instagram members only training worth $97. Want to register for both at the same time? Here is the Special Link.
TIP NO. 9: TAKE SMARTER SELFIES
Hubspot social media scientist Dan Zarrella did a little digging into the data of what makes a selfie go viral, besides a gorgeous face, of course. Looking at more than 160,000 images tagged #selfie, Zarrella noted a few surprising trends on his blog:
A. There Are “Correct” Colors. Images featuring cool, earthy tones, like blue, green and beige, received more engagement than warm reds, yellows and pinks.
B. But ‘No Filter’ Is The Best Filter. Zarrella looked at the average number of likes that filtered photos received. Willow came out on top, with Normal taking second place. And selfies tagged #nofilter saw a nearly 10 percent increase in engagement than selfies without the tag — even though nearly one-third of #nofilter selfies actually did have a filter. Other high-contrast and high-saturation filters, like Toaster, Mayfair, Sutro and Hefe ranked highly, while Inkwell, Sierra, 1977 and Rise rounded out the bottom of the list.
TIP NO. 10: RUN A CONTEST
- Set “rules” that they need to Follow you, tag people or other form of engagement in order to WIN your contest/giveaway
- If it’s a bigger prize you can even have them Opt-in to your landing page
- Create a contest/giveaway with other related profiles
- Use Contest Looping Where Audience has to follow each profile and it loops them to all other profiles participating in contest
- Keep it simple and don’t over complicated it with 100 “steps” they have to take
- Be sure your prize/giveaway is something your ideal customers would want.
TIP NO. 11: PROFILE LOOPING
- Direct your followers from one account to another
- You can include your Instagram username/link on your primary profile to direct people to your secondary account
(Business account, page about your products, Niche page etc)
- Use it in your posts too. “Follow me @______” for _________ (what’s in it for them)
- @mentions use all lower case
TIP NO. 12: SHOUT OUTS
- Find other Profiles with your kind of ideal audience and ask them to do a Promo for you sharing your profile
- Ask them via Direct Message (DM) or Email (Don’t write in Comments)
- Shout Outs can be done in 2 ways. 1st way is you do mutual Shout Out in which they ask their Profile followers to follow you and you ask your Profile followers to follow them.
But, in case you have just 250 Followers and the other Page has 15,000 then it is not mutually beneficial, so be ready to spend some Money.
- Check their following is:
Targeted to your Niche and ideal customers
Actively engaged (If someone has 40K followers but only a few comments and 100 likes there is a good chance they have fake followers)
Still Something Missing?
NO, because these are all the strategies which everyone is using and there is nothing outside of it.
You are still missing Automation!!
Automation plays a massive role in making the account bigger and better. You tell me how many times in a day can you sit on Instagram to promote yourself – Liking, Engaging, Following and doing all sorts of necessary stuff that will help make the account popular.
The more you will sit is better. But you can’t remain online 24 hours. Can you?
The bigger brands do.
They are using Automation to do it.
All the tasks and processes in their accounts are done in complete automation mode.
Wanna learn how? Here become a part of our Live Free Training that we are doing plus you will get complimentary access to our Instagram course worth $97. Go here => http://geekotech.com/gramkoshspecialtraining
Latest posts by Saurabh Bhatnagar (see all)
- Types of Facebook Ads - January 27, 2018
- Bring Spark in Your Marketing With These 390+ Power Words - July 6, 2017
- My Journey - June 4, 2017